Halitosis means Bad breadth
Bad breath is an unpleasant condition. It is an embarrassment for those who know about it and an inconvenience to others when people with bad breath are not aware of their problem. If you are concerned about bad breath then meet your dentist to identify and treat the problem.
Factors that contribute to bad breath
• Foods like garlic, onion contribute to objectionable odors. These odors continue till it is eliminated from the body. Incase this is a part of your regular diet; then it is a problem you need to rectify in your dietary pattern. Brushing, flossing and mouthwash only serve to mask the odor temporarily.
• Improper brushing of teeth is responsible for food articles to be retained in the mouth. Bacteria collect on these particles and that causes bad breath. In addition to this the food that collect between teeth give rise to plaque and demineralization of the teeth and also cause gingivitis/ trench mouth disease or rotting of the gums and leave an unpleasant odor.
• Dry mouth occurs when saliva decreases. Saliva is necessary in the digestion process. Saliva also helps in cleansing the mouth and removing the food particles that cause odor. Dry mouth may be the result of you breathing through the mouth or medications. Remedies include increasing your fluid intake, sugarless candy, or even artificial saliva.
• Diseases of the respiratory tract or diseases related to the gastrointestinal tract, kidney or liver are another major cause of halitosis. Local infections, chronic sinusitis or bronchitis also contribute to bad breath.
• Chewing tobacco or betel nut or other oral habits that are bad for health is also detrimental to the oral hygiene and cause bad breath. These also cause discoloration of the teeth. Tooth whitening kits are a general remedy but cannot be used when you have bad gums. Bad breath cure is the first procedure you have to follow.
• Persistent Bad breath or a bad taste in the mouth is a warning sign of periodontal disease. Caused by plaque this disease caused gum tissues to pull away from the teeth and form pockets. These pockets are sometimes too deep and needed to be cleant by professional periodontal cleaning.
Bettering your Oral health
This is the major factor to stop halitosis and other diseases of the gum and teeth.
• Schedule regular dental visits for cleaning and check up.
• Keep a check on the various food intakes to prevent bad breath.
• Make a list of medications you take so that your doctor would advise you in case you have a dry mouth. Also let your dentist know of surgeries or illness you have had before you have gone to visit him/her.
• Regularly brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque. Brushing twice a day is effective while brushing after every meal is more effective.
• Use Dental floss or interdental cleaner to clean between the teeth.
• Mouth wash is not ‘the solution’ as it does not have a long lasting effect. A special antimicrobial mouth wash or a fluoride mouthwash along with brushing and flossing can go a long way in preventing tooth decay.
• Fill your dentures so that these are not a place where food particles and bacteria harbor to cause bad breath. There are many tooth filling procedures; you could have a cap as well.
• Eliminating periodontal disease is essential to reducing bad breath and effective teeth care.
http://www.dentaldean.com is your guide to daily teeth care products, regular extra cleaning and checkups by our dentist. Bad breath cure, trench mouth disease etc. is detailed to help you better your oral health.
About the Author: http://www.dentaldean.com is your guide to daily teeth care products, regular extra cleaning and checkups by our dentist. Bad breath cure, trench mouth disease etc. is detailed to help you better your oral health.