Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
How-To Give A Fantastic Full Body Massage
Here’s some tips on how to give a great, full body massage.
Turn off the computer, take the phone off the hook and dim the lights. Spark up some scented candles and turn on a little soft music. Grab a couple of sheets or soft towels – one for your work space and one to cover your ‘client’. This is important because as skin is massaged, it causes blood flow into that area and that blow flow in turn, warms the skin. So in order to avoid a chill, cover up the areas that you’re finished massaging. Also, because working on muscles causes all sorts of chemicals to be released into the body, many people feel thirsty after a massage so have some water on hand.
* Make sure to only massage muscle – no stretching of the skin or digging into bone and organs. Remember that massages are for muscles below the skin - not for the skin itself.
* Massage the large muscle groups of the body which are basically the neck, back, shoulders and legs. This way, aside from massaging correctly, you’re getting at the areas that store tension in the body.
* Use firm, even pressure, not too hard or forceful. Pressure that is too light or inconsistent, can be as uncomfortable as too much pressure so be sure to use an even degree.
* Always use a lubricant because they help to prepare and protect the skin.
1. Begin the full body massage at the shoulders by kneading the muscles and gently pulling them towards you.
2. Work across the shoulders to the neck using your thumbs and the tips of your fingers to work from the muscles, across and down the upper back. Watch your nails!
3. Work down each arm separately finding the muscle groups in the front and back and kneading them gently. When you get to the hands, use your thumbs to work the palms. Don't forget the other arm!
4. Return to the upper back and work downwards to the middle of the back using your thumbs and fingertips to work from the center out and pushing upward.
5. Continue working down the back to the hips.
6. Massage the muscles of the upper thighs and down the back of the legs to the calves spending time kneading each one separately with both hands.
7. Move to the foot, start with the heel and hold it firmly while pushing up toward the leg, then down and side-to-side. Work your thumbs on the under side of the foot with deep, slow pressure and also the balls of the feet and in between the toes.
If you’re subject’s asleep – you did a great job!
About the Author: Find several resources on full body massage atlanta. Your secret place to find total relaxation.