Protein the primitive Body nutrition
Protein is primitive substance of human nutrition. Protein comes from the Greek "prota", meaning "of primary importance" and were first described and named by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1838. Proteins are large organic compounds made of amino acids arrange in a linear chain and joined together between the carboxyl atom of amino acid and the amine nitrogen. Proteins are essential parts of all living organisms and participate in every process within cell.
Amino acids are the basic structural building units of protein. Most amino acids occur in two possible optical isomers, called D and L. The L-amino acids represent the vast majority of amino acids found in proteins. D-amino acids are found in some proteins produced by exotic sea-dwelling organisms, such as cone snails. There are twenty standard amino acids which are encoded by the standard genetic code. Some of the 20 standard proteinogenic amino acids are called essential amino acids because human body cannot synthesize them from the other compounds through chemical reaction. One way to get them is obtained from food.
There are 10 essential amino acids.
- Isoleucine: food sources of isoleucine are eggs, chicken, pork, mutton, pulses, soy beans, cottage chess, milk, piyal seeds, cashew nuts, and cereal grains.
- Leucine: The most common amino acid found in proteins. It also plays a part in maintaining muscles by equalizing synthesis and breakdown proteins. Food sources of leucine are whole grains and milk product, egg, pork, beef, chicken, pulses, soy beans, leafy vegetables
- Lysine: food sources of lysine are fish, soy beans
- Methionine: Sulfur-containing proteinogenic amino acid. Food sources of methionine are spinach, green peas, garlic, cheeses, corn, brazil nuts, pistachios, cashew nuts, kidney beans, chicken, beef, fish, vegetables, nuts, legumes
- Phenylalanine: Food sources of phenylalanine are dairy food (curd, milk, cottage cheese), avocados, pulses and legumes, nuts, piyal seeds, leafy vegetables, whole grains, poultry, fish and sea foods.
- Threonine: Food sources of threonine are cottage cheese, poultry, fish, meat, lentils, and sesame seeds.
- Tryptophan: A precursor for serotonin, melatonin and niacin. Food sources of tryptophan are oats, bananas, dried dates, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, meat, fish, poultry, sesame, chickpeas, peanuts.
- Valine: Food sources of valine are cottage cheese, fish, poultry, peanuts, sesame seeds, lentils.
- Arginine (essential only in certain cases): A semiessential or conditionally essential amino acid , depending on the developmental stage and health status of the individuals. Food sources of arginine are chocolate, wheat germ and flour, buckwheat, granola, oatmeal, dairy products, beef, pork, coconut, pecans, cashews, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, hazel nuts, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, poultry, pheasant, quail, seafood, soy beans.
- Histidine (essential only in certain cases): Food sources of histidine are grapes, meat, poultry, milk products, root vegetables, green vegetables.
Proteins are necessary for body builders because main point of body building is lifting weight to rip muscles but don’t make it injure. Proteins which body builders consume go to renovate muscles from ripping; remaining proteins go to increase muscles size. A sufficient protein for body builder should be 1 – 1.5 grams per 1 pound of body weight per day. But don’t be confuse protein weight and food weight, because in one kind of food there are many type of nutrition such as fat, carbohydrate, fiber and minerals. A piece of beef separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0 inch fat weight 100 grams contains with protein 30.5 grams, carbohydrate 0 gram, fat 9.4 grams and has 215 calories. A piece of chicken meat and skin weight 100 grams contains with protein 22 grams, carbohydrate 10.3 grams, fat 21.9 grams and has 331 calories.
Protein that human consume will transform to amino acids. If human body cannot absorb all of amino acids, amino acids cannot hold up in the body. Amino acids will release to urine. Body builders who must consume more protein than another people should calculate their sufficient protein for getting high useful protein in each day.
About the Author: Weight training and body building blog