Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Allergy term used to describe an abnormal reaction of the body to exact overseas
substances. Allergy is a word generally use for a particular group of unlikable
or risky symptoms which a few people get from substances which are harmless. In
fact they were almost always harmless in the past to the same person who is
allergic to them now. If you are allergic, you are reacting to an exacting
substance. Any substance that can produce an allergic reaction is called an
The common of allergens are proteins and the minority consists of carbohydrates.
Sometimes allergic reactions are triggered by haptens. Haptens are compounds
which, alone, are not involved in allergy but can merge with another compound.
The resulting complex is then identified by cells involved in the immune
reaction, thus triggering an allergic reaction. Allergens incriminated often
come from the person's immediate environment.
Allergy is everything from a runny nose, itchy eyes and palate to skin rash.
It aggravates the sense of smell, sight, tastes and touch causing frustration,
extreme disability and sometimes fatality. It occurs when the body''s immune
system overreacts to generally harmless substances. Allergies are exaggerated
reactions of the immune system to substances that, in the majority of people,
cause no symptoms. Symptoms of the allergic diseases may be caused by disclosure
of the skin to a chemical, of the respiratory system to particles of dust (or
other substances), or of the stomach and intestines to a fastidious food.
Allergy Causes & Cautions
- Foreign proteins especially small proteins from pollens, molds and dust mites
can cause an immune response in an individual.
- The child inherits the tendency to be allergic, but not to any exact allergen.
- Venoms from the stings of bees, wasps, yellow jackets, fire ants and other
- Nasal allergies are an exaggerated reaction of the immune system to usually
- Dust mites are one of the most common causes of permanent asthma and allergy
- Work in a clean, dust free environment and donít leave ingredients or products
- Reactions to natural products are unusual, but natural products like anything
else, can cause allergic reactions. Less common allergens include nuts, fruit
- Use indoor air conditioning, which cools and dries the air throughout hot, humid
- Air conditioning can mostly help out those with allergies and asthma by
filtering out in the air allergens such as pollens and molds so they do not
enter the home.
- If you have a child with asthma, make sure your children's camp counselors,
coaches, and teachers are attentive of the effects of high ozone on children and
take suitable precautions.
- To avoid causal to the problem, use public transportation, carpool, and
encourage others to limit activities that can contribute to outdoor air
- Pregnancy, illness and some drugs can involve the way your body responds to
ingredients, so it may be worth re-testing if you are not sure.
For more Health Articles kindly visit our website: http://www.getnutri.com/articles
About the Author: Allergy By grahamz