Home Equity Loans
A home equity loan is a mortgage placed on real estate in exchange for cash to the borrower. It is a one time loan on which the borrower is allowed to make monthly payments until it is paid in full. It is a loan secured by equity value in the borrower’s home.
It allows the borrower to borrow money using the equity in the home as collateral. Collateral is a property that is kept as a pledge by the lender that the loan borrowed by a borrower will be paid on time, if the debt is not paid, the lender can sell the mortgage to recover the debt, and usually the home is pledged as collateral for a home equity loan, the borrower may be moved out of the house if the loan is not paid.
The borrowers can get large amount of money with home equity loans. The borrowers are able to deduct home equity loan interest on their personal income taxes.
The repayment time is usually 5, 10 or 15 years, the value of home can increase during this period, the borrower can use this extra money equivalent to the increased value of the home and can finance other requirements like home improvements, education, medical bills and the like. The lenders do not have any right to include this money for loan amount to be paid.
The rate of interest applied to equity loans is much lower than that applied to unsecured loans, such as credit card debt, car loans, student loans and the like.
Home equity tips
1. Understand each and every statement of the loan agreement before signing on it, if statements are not clear; let the lender explain you in vivid manner.
2. Take an advice from a loan expert before taking a decision on home equity loans.
3. Make the mortgage payments on time; if the lender discovers any lapses, the loan may get cancelled.
4. If the lender is not familiar, check with the government agencies to register complaints.
5. Do not get influenced by any extra products or insurance offered by the lenders on taking a loan.
6. After taking a loan, do not let the lenders to offer any extra special services,like refinancing your home equity for low interest rates.
About the Author: More information on home equity loans can be obtained from the website,Loan News,it provides information on mortgage refinance,debt consolidation and a mortgage payment calculator.