Online Credit Card Application: the Easiest Way to a Customer’s Heart
Many credit cards are offered in the market today thus, making companies more aggressive in advertising and marketing their card services. These companies (e.g. banks, department stores, specialty stores, airlines, hotels, etc.) have found a powerful tool in catching the attention of prospective card holders: online credit card application. You see them everywhere.
What advantage/s does online credit card application offer? And are they safe from Identity theft?
The bottom line of online credit card application is “convenience”. Online application is a dream-come-true to future card holders. Imagine not having to queue in long lines just to have a credit card approved. No travel cost just to get to the card company’s office. Since everything is computerized and automated, processing of the application is faster and more efficient. It's as east as sending emails.
What is/are the drawback/s of online credit card application?
The major drawback in applying for a credit card online is internet security: computer hacking makes identity theft possible. Make sure that online application is done through a trusted and secure computer. You can tell its a secured site by 1) if it is an https address 2) check for the lock symbol in the lower right had corner of your browser.
Do credit cards applied for online offer additional benefits?
No, basically all the services and benefits are the same. Here are some of the benefits given to card holders and future members:
1. airline miles
2. cash back
3. business discounts
4. retail discounts
5. shopping discounts
6. rewards (either cash back or merchandise)
How does one apply for a credit card online?
Online credit card application is very straightforward. Just follow the directions as prompted. Credit card companies have their respective web sites which are easy to search in the web. Just type the name of the bank, department store/specialty shop, or airlines and add the key words “online credit card application”, and the computer screen will display the search results as well as the URL.
Here are some other reminders when applying for a credit card online:
1. Determine your need for a credit card: travel, grocery, business.
2. Assess your earning capacity and compare this against your needs.
3. Look around the web for the credit card that matches your needs.
4. Check out the following information about your prospective credit card company through the internet:
5. Application fee. Some companies do not charge for applications.
6. Interest per month. Of course, choose the one with the lowest financial charges.
7. Benefits/Rewards/Advantages. These can sometimes spell the difference between good and best credit cards.
8. Disclaimer. This states additional limitations and/or scope to the credit card; make sure you read this.
9. Application requirements. This is to ensure that all necessary personal data and information are available to you when you do the actual online application.
10. Apply for a credit card online through a secure, trusted, and private computer, never in a public computer.
11. Check late fess and other hidden charges.
And make sure your computer is protected from Spyware and Viruses and don't fill out applications on public computers or in a public place over a wireless network.
About the Author: Tomas Cullin is a credit repair expert. He recently authored a very popular report:
The Dangers of Identity Theft and How To Protect Yourself. This report reveals the secret strategies and resources to avoid ID Theft and protect your personal or business, credit and identity. Apply now because it is available for a limited time only at: http://www.creditrepairadvice.net/idtheftsls.html He has hundreds of tips, tools and articles on his website that you can use for your own ID protection! It's a great resource! Visit him on the web at: http://creditrepairadvice.net or the BLOG at http://creditrepairadvice.net/crablog.