Good Things To Ask Your Realtor
When searching for a Realtor to assist you in the sale of your home, there are a few things that you should ask to ensure that your home will get the representation that it deserves. The real estate market is a competitive place and it is of paramount importance to find an agent that will go that extra mile to sell your home.
1. Do you work solo or in a team? Both of these have their advantages and disadvantages. Solo Realtors with fewer listings may be able to spend more time on your home and give you more personalized attention. Team Realtors can usually provide more diversified service due to the presence of other realty professionals. The most important aspect here is how you relate to the agent or team members.
2. Are you always available? A good Realtor should always be available in case an offer comes in, or to answer any questions that you may have.
3. How will my home be marketed? To stay competitive in today's market a Realtor needs to have access to the latest technology and marketing tools. Do they take out full page color ads in the local newspaper? How attractive and useful is their web site? How often will they hold open houses? All of these are integral elements in the art of selling a home and should never be overlooked.
4. How many homes have you sold? Always ask your Realtor about their track record. Knowing how many homes they have sold recently is a good indication of how they conduct their marketing and home sale strategy.
5. What kind of web presence do you have? Does your Realtor have a good web site? Web presence is a huge part of selling homes and most of the first views of your home will come from the internet.
6. Always ask for references. There is no better indication of your Agent's abilities than the testimonials of happy customers. Chances are if your Realtor can supply you with good references from many customers, then they can supply you and your home with the necessary attention.
About the Author: REW Writers is a collective publication network facilitated by Real Estate Webmasters. Each article is contributed by a member of our real estate community. This particular article was submitted on behalf of Lane Hornung, Denver Colorado real estate expert.