Health Insurance in PA - 5 Ways to Save
1. Utilize the tools that are available to make your search easier. (Avoid redundant actions: rather than duplicating your efforts in calling one PA health insurance company after another and filling out information form after information form online use a free PA quote finding service which shows quotes from multiple companies – and it only takes less than 2 minutes).
2. Research all prospective PA health insurance companies. (It can be as simple as asking a few friends or coworkers [or even better an independent PA licensed health insurance agent] what they know about a particular company or you can go more in depth and check them out with the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance or look up their rating on AM Best [an independent company that rates the financial strength of insurance companies – remember AM best only rates a company’s financial strength by examining their financial statements and their business practices they do not pass any judgment as to whether a particular company offers comprehensive policies and strong network coverage].
3. Re-evaluate your options every year. (Your health insurance needs will change from year to year along with changes in your financial situation and natural family life cycles. If nothing else, compare your current policy against up to date rates to make sure that your current policy is still competitive).
4. Take the free money! (If your employer will pay for your PA health care coverage through an employer sponsored group plan then let them! You would be passing up free money not to)!
5. Don’t put your spouse and kids on your group plan if you can find cheaper individual coverage elsewhere. (Just because your employer will pay for your health care coverage at work through a group plan does not mean that your employer will be so generous to your spouse and kids so as to pay the premiums for them as well [although some employers will and if so then count yourself among the lucky!]. As long as your spouse and kids are healthy then you will almost always be able to find cheaper Pennsylvania health insurance coverage through an individual policy rather than adding them on to your more expensive group policy [one caveat to this general principle is that if you are anticipating having more kids then a group health insurance policy will almost always cover maternity while an individual policy will not automatically cover the pregnancy unless you pay an additional premium each month so be sure an plan acordingly]. Compare free Pennsylvania health insurance quotes now!
About the Author: Pennsylvania health insurance