Things to Never Tell your Boyfriend about your Ex
Never bring up anything that has to do with a past ex. This is guaranteed to cause a fight. It is the ultimate taboo conversation. Honesty and open relationships are great, but some things should be kept in the closet. Don't risk damaging a good relationship by mentioning meaningless times from the past.
1) Don't ever talk about him. Even if what you're saying is uncomplimentary, it will still have a negative effect. Your bringing him up hints that he's still on your mind.
2) Never say how good he was at anything. Doing this will create unnecessary anxiety and feelings of inadequacy with your guy.
3) Avoid telling him about intimate and special moments that you and your ex shared. Yes, it's important that he knows about you. And, yes, he needs to learn to deal with his insecurities. But...why make him insecure in the first place? Is it really that important for him to know everything about you?
4) Never mention your sexual past...especially if it was good. If yourboyfriend asks you what it was like or how good it was, lie if you have to. Say it wasn't all that.
5) Avoid telling stories or reminiscing about events that involved your ex...even if the story has little to do with him. Examples are: "I went to a great restaurant once..." or "Last year I went to this amusement park and had a great time..." or "I went to the beach last summer..."
Observing these 5 basic principles that will ensure that the quality of your relationship reaches its full potential. If you havenít been following these general rules up to this point, you probably donít know what the true quality of your relationship could be. And, youíve probably got a boyfriend with a lot of pent up anger, frustration, and insecurity. If thatís the case, then you can turn over a new leaf today and get thing headed in the right direction by making a few changes in the way youíve been acting.
About the Author: Todd Peterson is the editor of the popular teen community HighWorld.com
To read other romance articles written by Todd, visit: http://www.highworld.com/romance/index.php