10 Memorable Ways to Celebrate Mother's Day
A mother's love is one of the most powerful forces in this world. Here are 10 memorable ways to celebrate her love this Mother's Day:
1. Create a Memory Jar. Fill a jar with slips of paper, each detailing a special memory you and your mother shared. The more specific the memories, the better. Present her with the jar, and sit beside her as she reads each memory.
2. Interview the children in your family (both young and old) on what special things they love most about their mother. Record the sentiments on video or transcribe the thoughts in a special album. You could also record special memories, favorite family recipes, her best maternal words of wisdom, or anything you want to remember about your mother.
3. Make a Blessing Book. Cover a composition book or hardbound journal with patterned papers and include photos of each of your mother's children, as well as a special pen for her to record what she is most grateful for in this world.
4. Help a mother in need by donating money, clothing, or other household items to organizations that help mothers and children.
5. Make a donation to your mom's favorite charity, in her name.
6. Get together with your family and friends and create handmade cards for your mom. Make sure to include a heartfelt, handwritten letter.
7. Send flowers to a new mom in celebration of her first Mother's Day.
8. Make a tablecloth memento. Start with an oversized tablecloth and some fabric pens. Ask each member of the family to sign the tablecloth with a special message to mom. Kids can make their handprints, too. This is a keepsake that you can add to each Mother's Day.
9. Write a letter to your children about how being their parent has enriched you. Save these letters in a special journal or album to give to your children when they become parents themselves.
10. Spend some time looking through your scrapbooks and reflecting on the bounty of love that comes to you via family and maternal love.
About the Author: Susie Cortright is the founder of Momscape.com and Momscape's Online Scrapbooking Magazine. She is also the creator of Free-Article-Bank.com, featuring free, quality articles for your website, ezine, newsletter, or blog.