Dry Foam Extraction Cleaning System: Is It Better Than Other Carpet Cleaning Methods?
Dry foam extraction cleaning was started by a company named Von Schrader in 1935 in Racine Wisconsin. They developed a very effective, rapid drying, low moisture method to carpet cleaning all in one machine. They currently continue to manufacture the dry foam cleaning machine.
So just how does this machine work that makes it a far superior method? First it is important to understand that the purpose of the machine is to separate the dirt from the rug fibers. This is done simply by the dry foaming action. This dry foaming action is basically a process where the carpet shampoo solution is generated into cleaning foam. The dry foaming action simply gets massaged into the carpet with a cylinder brush. The cylinder brush lifts the pile to the base of the carpet. The soil is absorbed by the foam and is then vacuumed up. it is important to understand that the machine has both the dry foam and vacuum process all in one machine so the cleaning process is accomplished during one pass of the machine.
The advantages of using the dry foam system are simple.
1. It cleans right down to the surface and the dirt is lifted upward to the surface by a full bristle brush. This way is helpful as well to loosen any deep soil that is down well into the carpet.
2. The luxury of this machine is that it has the dry foaming and vacuum all in one. So no need to have 2 machines with this device.
3. With this method you do not have to worry about those nasty mildew smells, shrinking, buckling or delamination of your carpet because or the usual over wetting of yesteryear machines since it only takes about 10 percent water with the cleaning agent.
4. The dry foam process cleans faster than other hot water cleaning systems and carpets dry extremely fast secondary to the low moisture retention.
5. This machine is safe on rugs and the detergent is found to be environmentally safe and leaves a nice smell throughout the house.
So why is this method better then hot water or steam cleaners?
1. It does not soak the carpets like those other machines, which could cause some damage to the carpet fibers, color bleeding, shrinkage, or loss of stain resistance.
2. The shampoo does not leave a residue after the cleaning process is completed.
3. There is less drying time for the carpet after the process is completed.
The next time you are thinking about having your carpets cleaned or purchase a new carpet cleaning machine, you should look into all of your options. Think about the pros and cons and hopefully when you try the dry foam extraction method, you will find that it much more easy and efficient at cleaning than the other methods that are out there.
About the Author: Lior-Bar Kleen has been an owner of many businesses in the Miami Carpet Cleaning and Florida Carpet Cleaning Industry for the past 15 years.