9 Tips For Party Planning
Admit it. Giving a party is one experience you unmistakably look forward to.
It is your opportunity to show your prowess at being a good host. That is why you must do everything within your means, whether meager or plentiful, to give the very best party ever to your friends.
To make your party a hit, here are some ideas and tips you should use:
1. Make a list of all the people you want to attend. Send the invitations and have them verify their attendance beforehand. Anticipate more or less 70% of those people to show up!
2. Visualize the event. Think about where you will put the tables, the food, the music, etc. For example, if you plan to have a buffet, it would be better to properly strategize the position of the table for the food. It will be a tacky decision to make your guests go to the kitchen to obtain their food. The furniture, too, should not get in the way.
3. Plan to prepare more than enough food. It is better to have leftovers than leave your guests resorting to raiding your refrigerator when you run out of food.
4. The kind of food you will serve will similarly depend on the theme of the party. If it is a cocktail party, there should be more drinks and finger foods would be acceptable. If it is a dinner party, you should serve the best recipes you can find.
5. In addition, it would be good to have a variety of drinks for your guests. Provide both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to cater to all your guests. Be classy and hire a bartender to take care of beverage preparation for your guests.
6. Arrange decorations that are pertaining to the function and to your theme. These ornaments should set the atmosphere of the event. Thus they should not be too distracting or too loud. Be tasteful in selecting the color, shapes and materials.
7. Do not forget the music. It will be the spirit of your party. Plan on your audio system ahead of time. Also choose the proper songs. They should generally be high-spirited and lively.
8. Have a program if the experience would allow. Think about how long the event would last and choose the right activities for the event. For example children’s parties should include games but cocktail parties should not!
9. You should, in addition, consider your budget in every aspect. Make sure you do not go beyond it. Create a to-do list to keep track of what you need from party supply stores.
Just remember the saying, failing to plan is planning to fail. A well planned party will definitely be a awesome party!
About the Author: Tom Rockwood is a major contributor to Online Party Supply and owner of RubberArm internet search portal.