Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Which are the top home security devices?
From talking devices, home alarm systems, and harmless house or window decals to back-up power supplies, smoke detectors, wireless home security systems, key pads and cards, sensors to detect motion for windows, doors etc., monitoring systems and the Master Control Panel, the brain of home security systems. Here is the top of the best home security devices detailed according to the facilities they offer:
- Talking Security Devices. First these devices have been used mainly for talking, but later on they have been integrated into home security system, along with other facilities like opening the door, turning on the light, and for emergency alert. They feature keys, key pads, cards, codes, remotes (larger or smaller with buttons for talking, alerting and even with a full key pad) or key fobs that are similar to those of the cars (with a button to activate or deactivate the system and/or a button to alert the authorities in case of emergency); itís up to you to choose the variants and the extra-facilities.
- Back-up Power Supply. You donít want to live in a movie, especially not in a classic thriller where the lights and home security system turn off especially when you need them more. To avoid this protect your house with a back-up supply. These systems use standard size batteries and using rechargeable batteries, your maintenance costs would be lower. You could have two sets of rechargeable batteries to always keep one set charged, while the other in the device and change them.
- Smoke Detectors. They add supplementary security to your home. The important thing is to be integrated into your home security and alarm system. These detectors donít just detect the smoke but they can also help you to escape from a fire in time, at the same time, they cam notify the fire department. Some smoke detector systems have a power supply integrated.
- House or Window Decals and Yard Signs. These are quite harmless signs of a possible existence of home security system in your house; they are posted on visible places, like windows, doors, in the yards etc., to scary, confuse and deter the burglars. Sometimes burglars can have the surprise to actually run into a home security system, too, but sometimes it is just trick that covers the lack of any secured system. Of course, the sign alone cannot actually help you, but the funny thing is that burglars will never know unless they have the guts to try.
- Wireless Systems. They offer all the protection necessary to your home and you get rid of hiding and masking all those cords, wires and extra outlets (you can never use for other purposes). The parts, spread around your home, communicate with the master control panel through radio frequencies.
- Security Services. These services are furnished by companies, which offer you not only the installation but also the maintenance of the system, the monitoring for cases of emergency to alert the police department, fire department, the ambulance, and relocation services for the cases when you move. The most complex systems include buttons to notify emergency departments.
- Master Control Panel. It is the central device that collects the information from all the sensors and keypads, and transmits the data to the monitoring companies. You can arm the system when you leave and disarm it when you return home. You can have the option to do these operations even through telephone.
About the Author: For more resources on home security systems and home protection and updated information and tips on buying a home security camera please visit our website.
Michale has also developed an interesting site on student loan consolidation - check it out if youíre interested.