Money Saving Tips for your Wedding
Question: Help! We are getting married in a few months but do not have a lot of money saved up for the wedding. What do we do?
Sweetie, join the crowd. A lot of us women put away planning and saving for the wedding till the last minute. Its okay. Both of you can start doing a few simple things starting now which will open up your budget a little more by the time your big day arrives.
1) Stop visiting the expensive coffee joints. Well, you could go cold turkey on this or start slowly. Instead of your morning caffeine fix from a coffee joint that charges you an arm and a leg for a cup of joe, take coffee from home instead. Think about it, if you spend per day each, that means you are spending about 00/- every 6 months.
2) Brown Bag Lunches! Simple yet most effective. This will save you a couple of grand by the time your special day rolls around. Why not save this money for your honey moon instead!
3) Go to matinees. We all love going to the movies. But instead of visiting the movie theatres at night, why not catch a flick during the day. Or, why not visit the dollar theatre.
4) Open a separate Free Checking account and don’t order the checks! This way when your relatives send you money gifts, you can stash them away in the special account and use it only for your wedding related expenses.
5) For the wedding, get the flowers from the local farmers market and order your food through a local catering college.
6) You could buy your wedding favors from the internet. Internet companies do not add on the extra overhead that a brick and mortar building would charge you so your wedding favors will be cheaper.
Most of all, don’t start your marriage in debt. Although it is your most special day, the debt after the fact will eat away at your love for each other. Be as reasonable as you can and be ready to do some compromising for the benefit of your future together. Maybe you could save that money and buy your first home together.
About the Author: Faiza Naz is the owner of an online wedding favors store: http://www.weddingsandfavors.com which specializes in low priced and unique wedding favors. To contact Faiza, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.