Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
6 Things to Consider When Naming Your Baby
Have you ever considered the immense responsibility in choosing a name for your child? This is not just something that sounds good at the time but it is the choice of your childís identity for life. A name, though not necessarily unique, reflects how your child is known. Hence, the importance in taking your time and choosing just the right name for your baby. Read on for some tips on how to provide that best baby name for your little angel.
1. The first thing you need to do is to ignore family tradition unless the traditional names are something that you see as providing the right identity for your child. The name doesnít always need to be one that your elderly relatives deem to be the right one. They already have their identity, this is your childís identity. Once your baby is born he will be stuck with that baby name for life. That means itís not wise to just settle for any baby name that will suit your grandmaís or auntieís taste.
2. Think of your childís future. You donít want your child to be ridiculed because of what you have named him or to allow his playmates to make him the butt of all the jokes, do you? Research the meaning of the baby name you are thinking of giving to your baby. Donít consider a particular name as a prospective baby name just because you heard it from a TV show and you find it cute. Donít name him after an actor just because you consider him a hunk or after something else just because it is very unusual.
3. Be careful of the initials of your childís name. Make sure they donít stand for anything funny, disturbing or something utterly stupid. Sometimes, the initials of the child can spell something really derogatory or hurtful that others can use against them. Can you imagine the sickening situation you may put your child into when he or she grows up?
4. Go check your family tree once and for all. Some canít still get away from some traditions regarding baby name decisions, especially when they have a special bond with a certain family member that they want that personís name to be a part of their babyís name. If your planning to still follow the tradition of putting a part of your elder relativesí names on your babyís name, you have to know whether anybody else in your family use that name too. You donít want to confuse people when theyíre calling a name thatís owned by two.
5. Donít go for the overkill. Being too creative on thinking of a baby name can backfire, Iím telling you. Examples are too unique spellings. It will be hard for the child to keep on spelling his or her name to people who only know the common spelling of such a name.
6. Decide with your partner in coming up with the best baby name for your sweet baby. It wouldnít be nice to be always blamed when people ask who chose that awful baby name, right? Sharing on this kind of decision-making is a good way of furthering your bond as a couple, not to mention the possibility of coming up with a better baby name. Remember that the ďtwo heads are better than oneĒ thought also applies to dealing with the troubles of finding the most suitable baby name for your baby.
Sound, appeasing relatives and friends and avoiding embarrassing initials and discovery of disgusting meanings are some of the major concerns that should be considered in your quest for the perfect baby name. You might find them a bit taxing. But in the long run, youíll see that doing your homework will make your baby thank you when the right time comes. Happy baby naming!
Anne Wolski has worked in the health and welfare industry for more than 30 years. She is the owner of http://www.mummansun.com, a discount retail outlet, and a co-director of http://www.betterhealthshoppe.com which is an information portal with many interesting medical articles. She is also an associate of http://www.timzbiz.com which features many articles on internet marketing and resources.
About the Author: Anne Wolski has worked in the health and welfare industry for more than 30 years. She is the owner of http://www.mummansun.com, a discount retail outlet, and a co-director of http://www.betterhealthshoppe.com which is an information portal with many interesting medical articles. She is also an associate of http://www.timzbiz.com which features many articles on internet marketing and resources.