Benefits Of Music - Use The Title Actually 'Intelligence, Healing, And Pure Joy: Music Offers all.’
Music has been a part of existence since time immemorial. And, it is everywhere –in the rhythms of nature, the chatter of animals and birds, the babbling of babies, and in the dancing of brooks. Listen and you will hear sweet tunes all weaving a magic of their own.
It is well known that the origins of music go back at least 50,000 years. Music seems to be ingrained in our genetics and tunes are rhythms that are integral to our lives.
Music seems to play many roles in our lives:
• Research indicates the children who learn music are more likely to become doctors, engineers, and computer professionals. Music learning develops areas of the brain responsible for language as well as reasoning. Music is known to sharpen memory. A Rockefeller Foundation study reveals that those who studied music have SAT scores of 427.
• If a child in the womb of its mother listens to music it is born with highly developed intelligence.
• Music molds people—it teaches coordination, teamwork, discipline, and self-expression.
• The therapeutic values of music are well documented. It heals people with mental problems, developmental and learning disabilities, Alzheimer’s disease, brain trauma, and hypertension. That music heals has been recorded in the works of Aristotle and Plato and in the centuries that followed.
• That plants respond to music is reality not a myth. Plants are known to thrive with music and also move towards the sound.
• Children who grow up in a music filled environment are happy, fulfilled, and joyous.
• Music takes the devout closer to god and in religion congregational singing has always worked. Singing hymns lifts any heaviness from the mind and frees the soul.
• When music is played in hospital waiting rooms and so on it ebbs tensions and calms the mind.
• Music has meditative properties and can be used for healing, exercising, and training modules.
• When music plays, people function better. Many find that they enjoy work or activities like cooking and cleaning when music is playing. It erases tensions and lifts weights off the shoulder. Music actually introduces lightness into the body.
• Music reflects the culture of a society and strengthens bonds. It creates a camaraderie and oneness as seen in football matches, military training, and festivals.
• Romance and love would not have so many hues but for music. Music and song have captured feelings, passions, agony, distress, and more succinctly. Through song many a romance have been immortalized. Mating calls and songs are universal in nature.
• Scientists are using music to map behaviors and unravel the many mysteries of the human mind and consciousness.
• Music settles down anger and resentment quickly and also helps us overcome feelings of sorrow and loss. It lifts the mind and spirit out of despair and gives hope. From centuries ago a mother has always sung lullabies to her fussing child lulling it to sleep with softly whispered songs.
• Music has other uses it can raise levels of excitement and cause frenzy. It is used to call armies to war by the beating of drums, to instigate raw emotions during revolts, and to drum up frenzy at football matches and rock shows.
Did you know that while classical music soothes and opens up channels in the mind, rock music can set pulses racing, and chants can send you into a trance. Music used differently has varied effects on human beings. Music can be a panacea or hell depends on how it is used.
About the Author: Chris Young is a freelance writer for Online Music , the premier website to find free mp3 downloads, mp3 albums, music videos, top downloads, new songs, mp3 archive and more. He also freelances for the premier premier Online Shopping site.