Top 10 Entertainment News Stories of 2006
The world of entertainment holds great fascination for the young and old alike. It is a magical world with heroes, heroines, and rags to riches stories, romance and more. The year 2006 was full of excitement and of the many eventful happenings the most popular stories followed avidly through all media avenues were:
1. Death of Steve Irwin the crocodile hunter who brought the world close to crocs through his many films and talks. His death by a croc a species he loved and as devoted to shocked the world.
2. Top Gear presenter Richard Hammond was trying to break a land speed record which resulted in a high speed crash. The news of his accident and injuries spread like wild fire.
3. The British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen scored a huge box office hit when he shocked and offended ordinary Americans. He was adjudged as one of the “men of entertainment of 2006.”
4. The guerrilla artist Bansky hit headlines when he dared to replace Paris Hilton CD with his own CD of remixes titled “Why am I famous? And What am I for.”
5. Romance turned sour always interests fans and Sir Paul McCartney’s split with Heather Mills was blockbuster news.
6. The Oscars were swept away by a dark horse a Los Angeles race drama Crash which got a late and unexpected surge of support and overtook hot favorite Brokeback Mountain. The win made headlines and created a buzz.
7. Britney Spears poster featuring a nude and pregnant Britney created a furor after which Tokyo subway officials decided to reverse a ban on display of the posters.
8. A fairy tale romance and marriage means news in Hollywood especially when the couple is Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Scientology and a wedding in Italy added spice to the occasion and the wedding was popular news.
9. Oops mistakes happen even at BBC news. In the Apple versus Apple court case interviewed the wrong “Guy” was put in front of the camera. Instead of IT expert Guy Kewney a newcomer looking for a job Guy Goma was put on air.
10. The world looked forward to and enjoyed the new 007 film. The film created such excitement, that even the Queen of England went to see it.
Entertainment news and views vary and choices depend on individual taste. CNN news, Variety, and MSN have showcased online their choices as also a zillion other reviewers. While some based their lists on expert choices or the number of times a news story was read, others conducted online polls.
As always what the rich and famous do is interesting and entertaining as the year drew to a close people in media were busy trying to review the year and present its highs and lows to the discerning public on the World Wide Web. And now, it is time to open our minds and hearts to the year that has dawned and look forward to fulfillment in every way.
About the Author: Barry Allen is a freelance writer for Music, the premier website to find free mp3 downloads, mp3 albums, music videos, top downloads, new songs, mp3 archive and more. His article profile can be found at the premier
Music Article Submission Directory