Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Golf Bag Buying Tips
A golf bag is an essential equipment that is used to carry all your golf stuff. This will include your golf balls, golf clubs, markers, tees and even umbrellas and towels.
Golf bags don't have any effect on the result of the game. But, they can greatly affect your attitude by way of offering comfort as you makes your way around the course.
As to how much load in your gear you put in the bag is up to you. You also have the choice of how it will be moved around the course. Either by your hand, by a caddie or on a cart.
If you plan on riding in a golf cart on your rounds, then the weight is not a factor. But if you plan on carrying it yourself, then a lighter bag is a 'no brainer'.
Types of golf bags:
1. Staff bags. These are the largest types of golf bags. They can hold a complete set of golf clubs and have many side pockets. These are the other golf items and equipment that you may wishe to take along.
Almost all professional golfers prefer the staff bag because they can hold a lot of equipment. And since their caddy carries their bag, weight is never a problem.
A good staff bag is one made of leather or materials that are of high quality and are more expensive.
2. Cart Bags. A lot smaller in size compared to staff bags. But they are more bulky and may be hard to carry around the course. These bags are designed to be used on golf carts but have fewer pockets and storage capacity.
3. Carry Bags. The smallest type, and are normally made from plastic, nylon and other light materials. These bags are constructed to hold the essentials such as the golf clubs, a few small golf accessories and balls. They are the right choice for the golfer who favors to carry his own bag.
Choosing the right bag for you
1. When deciding on which bag to buy, take into account the price and your budget. How much you can afford will determine what type and quality bag is right for you. But, as I have said, the more expensive it is, the more complex the features of the bag. Keep in mind however, that the bag will not directly effect your game. Golf shoes, clubs and balls, on the other hand, will have a more significant impact than the bag.
2. Features. You should be aware of what features you need in your bag and what equipment it will need to contain. A bag that can stand alone will make it easier to take out your golf clubs during your game. You may also need to carry an umbrella. If this is the case, you would need an umbrella slot. However, if you only take the basic gear, you may want consider a simple and light bag that can accommodate just the basics.
About the Author: Dave is the owner of Get Golf Facts, where you find information and resources on how to improve your golf game.