Online games, the new thing in gaming.
Over the couple years, we’ve been bumped with online games ads, emails and links. What happened with everybody, and why are people thrilled with online gaming?
Several types of online games are available for public; I will try below to describe a few of them. Online games are of 2 types: multiplayer online games, and single player online games. The first type is played on web servers, allowing people to interact with each other, and, on the other hand, single player online games are played alone, on games archives.
Multiplayer online games are:
1. MMORPG: known as MMORPGs also, comes from massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Is one of the most common type of multiplayer online games
2. MMOFPS: comes from massively multiplayer online first person shooter.
3. MMORTS : comes from massively multiplayer online real-time strategy
4. MMOTG: comes from massively multiplayer online tycoon games.
5. MMOSG: comes from massively multiplayer online strategy games.
6. MMMOG: comes from massively multiplayer mobile online games.
There are of course other types of multiplayer online games that are derived from the above ones.
The other category of online games are the single player ones. I said that they can be played on online arcades. Several types of single player online games exist, but of the most common type is the flash arcade.
On such a website you need only your browser to be able to play the games and of course, Macromedia Flash Player installed. Those games are categorized depending on type on action, arcade, sports, shooting, puzzle and casino. Each player is awarded with points, depending on number of games played. Top players are displayed on the main page. A nice source for free online games is MaxArcader.com, a flash games arcade with almost 1500 games.
About the Author: Ted Peterson loves online games, so he writes for MaxArcader.com, a new flash games arcade.