Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Direct TV Satellite TV -- What You Should Know Before You Order
Launched in 1994 by General Motors, Direct TV is the largest satellite TV provider in the world, with 14.5 million subscribers and 15 satellites.
Direct TV is ranked #2 in customer satisfaction among satellite TV and cable companies by J.D. Power and Associates.
Direct TV Satellite TV System
To receive Direct TV programming you need a Direct TV satellite TV system to capture the satellite signal and transmit it to your TV.
Thanks to the competition between Direct TV dealers, you can now get a free Direct TV satellite TV system when you subscribe to their service.
Here's what you get when you order Direct TV satellite TV service:
* A free direct TV satellite TV dish.
* Up to four free receivers and universal remotes.
* Free professional installation in up to four rooms of your home.
* Direct TV HD (high definition) satellite TV receivers (optional).
* Free bonus gifts such as a free DVD player and home theater system.
Direct TV Satellite TV Service
Here's what you get with Direct TV service:
* More than 225 program channels to choose from.
* All-digital picture and sound.
* Up to 500 commercial-free movies per month.
* DVR (digital video recording) so you can record your favorite programs.
* Up to 60 pay-per-view programs per day.
* Your local channels with digital picture and sound.
* Thirty-one commercial-free music channels with digital sound.
* Toll-free, 24/7 customer service.
Direct TV Satellite TV Programming
Direct TV programming packages, which include your local channels, start at .99 per month.
Here are the Direct TV programming packages currently available:
* Total Choice—135 program channels (includes 31 music channels) for .99 per month.
* Total Choice Plus—155 program channels (includes 31 music channels) for .99 per month.
* Total Choice Premier—215 program channels (includes 31 music channels), .99 per month.
In addition to the above programming packages you can also get sports packages, international packages, and HD (high definition) packages.
Note: To see all the Direct TV programming packages, current special offers, and free bonuses, click on the links at the bottom of this article.
Ordering Direct TV Satellite TV Service
After you decide on which system and which program package you want, you can place your order online, or you can call a toll-free number to order through a Direct TV representative.
The representative will take your order, schedule your installation, and answer any questions you may have. Installation time is usually one to five days after you order.
At the scheduled installation time a certified Direct TV installer will install your system, test it to make sure it works, then show you how to use all the functions and controls.
Operating the Direct TV satellite system may seem a little tricky at first, so I suggest you ask all the questions you need to while your installer is there, so you'll feel comfortable with your new system.
Before you order Direct TV satellite TV service I suggest you visit The Satellite TV Guide website (see below) to check out the satellite TV systems and the program packages currently being offered.
About the Author: Brian Stevens is a professional freelance writer and webmaster who has written extensively on Direct TV satellite TV.
Click on the following link for more information on free satellite TV systems and service, or these links for ordering information, the latest offers, and free bonuses from DISH Network satellite TV or DIRECTV satellite TV.