Free DISH Network HDTV Receiver Guide
DISH Network HDTV Receiver
When you subscribe to DISH Network's satellite TV service you get all the equipment you need for satellite TV viewing - a dish and a four-room receiver system. But what if you want to watch your programs in high definition?
Well, you're in luck. You can upgrade your system and get an HDTV receiver for free when you place your order
DISH Network HDTV Receiver Features
DISH Network HDTV receivers have a host of features including:
* An integrated off-air tuner for high-definition and standard over-the-air reception.
* An electronic program guide with on-screen navigation so you can see what's on satellite TV.
* Parental locks so you can prevent your children from watching inappropriate programs.
* Interactive TV so you can watch six screens at once, and on-demand entertainment, games, shopping, news, sports, and weather.
* A universal remote control that operates your HDTV receiver, your television, your DVD player, and your VCR.
* Video and audio outputs so you can connect your receiver to your stereo or a home theater system.
* Dolby Digital Surround Sound for a three-dimensional listening experience.
* A telephone jack so you can receive pay-per-view programming.
DISH Network DVR/HDTV Receiver
DISH Network also offers a combination DVR (digital video recorder) and HDTV receiver, but this one's not free. It'll cost you 9.
A DISH Network DVR/HDTV receiver has all the features of the HDTV receiver mentioned above, plus the following:
* Digitally record up to 200 hours of your favorite shows (30 hours in high-definition mode).
* Record two programs at the same time while watching another program.
* Pause live TV so you can get a snack or answer the telephone, then resume watching TV when you're ready.
* PIP (picture-in-picture) so you can watch two shows at the same time.
* View and record programs on two separate TVs.
If you want the clearest picture and the best sound when you watch satellite TV then DISH Network's free HDTV receiver is what you need. And if you want to record your favorite programs in digital format with the click of a button, and don't mind spending the extra 9, then DISH Network's DVR/HDTV will complete your satellite TV package.
Visit http://www.TheSatelliteTVGuide.com for DISH Network HDTV programming information. Click on the following link for ordering information plus the latest special offers from DISH Network satellite TV.
About the Author: The author, Brian Stevens, is the senior editor for TheSatelliteTVGuide.com, and has written extensively on free DISH Network HDTV receivers.