Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
DIRECTV Satellite TV Receivers - Standard, DVR, and HD Receivers Reviewed
Free DIRECTV Satellite TV Receivers
In an effort to draw customers away from its competitors, DIRECTV will give you a complete satellite TV system - a satellite TV dish and up to four satellite TV receivers - when you subscribe to their service. Here's a review of the various types of standard, DVR, and HD receivers they offer:
DIRECTV offers a free standard receiver with the following additional features:
* DIRECTV Active - Your personalized information with updates on local weather, horoscopes, lottery results, and pay-per-view suggestions
* Mini Guide - A small on-screen TV channel guide that shows one channel at a time
* Parental controls - Allows you to restrict the programs your child watches
DIRECTV offers a free DVR receiver that allows you to:
* Digitally record up to 100 hours of programming
* Record two shows at one time
* Pause live TV so you won't miss anything if you answer a phone call or get a snack
* Record one program while you watch another program
* Find TV shows by title, keyword, actor, or channel
* Bookmark the part of a TV show you'd like to come back to at a later time
DIRECTV offers a free HD receiver that features the following:
* High definition reception for the best TV picture available today
* Dolby Digital audio for superior sound
In order to get a DIRECTV receiver you must sign up for DIRECTV satellite TV service. Programming packages start at .99 for 155 channels and go up to .99 for 250 channels.
Note: Programming is 29.99 for the first three months then .99 thereafter. Local channels are . DVR and HD receivers are free after a mail-in rebate.
Pay-for DIRECTV satellite TV receivers
For an additional 9, you can order a combination HD/DVR that has all the features of an HD receiver and a DVR receiver plus:
* Two-hundred hours of recording time
* Dolby Digital optical audio outputs for the best sound available
If you don't do a lot of TV recording then the standard receiver is all you'll need for satellite TV viewing. If you like to record shows and don't want to hassle with video tapes and VCR settings, the DISH Network DVR receiver is just what the doctor ordered.
If you want to watch satellite TV with the sharpest picture and the clearest sound, an HDTV receiver is what you'll want. And if you want the best of both worlds - best picture, best sound, 200-hour digital recording capability - and you don't mind paying the extra 0, then DIRECTV's HD/DVR is what you're looking for.
Visit http://www.thesatellitetvguide.com/directv-tivo-dvr.htm for more information on DIRECTV receivers. Click on the following link for current ordering information and the latest special offers from DIRECTV. Click on this link to compare DIRECTV vs. DISH Network.
About the Author: The author, Brian Stevens, is the senior editor for TheSatelliteTVGuide.com and has written extensively on DIRECTV satellite TV receivers.