DISH Network DVR Receiver Guide
DISH Network DVR Receiver
A DVR (digital video recorder) is actually a hard drive - like the one in your computer - located inside a DVR receiver. It's purpose is to record satellite TV programs, store them in digital format, and play them back.
DISH Network DVR Receiver Features
Here are some of the features of DISH Network's DVR:
* You can fast forward past commercials. It's the next best thing to commercial-free television.
* Pause the show you're watching so you can answer the telephone, go to the bathroom, or get a snack, then resume watching it when you're ready.
* On-screen DISH Network DVR menus allow you to record your favorite programs with the push of a button.
* Record up to 100 hours or your favorite shows automatically. No more trying to figure out complicated VCR settings or having to reset your VCR after a power outage.
* All digital storage means no more hassles handling and storing video tapes. Everything's stored on your DVR receiver's hard drive, and you can play your programs with just a push of a button.
* Name based recoding is a feature that allows you to search DISH Network's satellite TV programs by movie title, show title, or an actor's name. The DVR can then locate that program and automatically record it.
* Dual tuner receiver allows you to record two programs at the same time,
record a program while watching another program, or record two programs while watching another pre-recorded program.
* Picture-In-Picture (PIP) allows you to watch two live shows at the same time.
If you want an easy and foolproof way to record your favorite programs in an all-digital format, then a DISH Network DVR receiver is the way to go.
For a limited time you can get a free DVR when you subscribe to DISH Network's program service (click on the DISH Network link below for more information). Prices start at .99 for their basic 40 channel program package, and go up to .99 for their top-of-the-line 350 channel package.
Visit http://www.thesatellitetvguide.com/dish-network-dvr.htm for more information on DISH Network DVR receivers. Click on the following link for current ordering information and the latest special offers from DISH Network. Click on this link to compare DIRECTV vs. DISH Network.
About the Author: The author, Brian Stevens, is the senior editor for TheSatelliteTVGuide.com and has written extensively on DISH Network DVR receivers.