Six Essential Email Delivery Tips
Here at EmailReach, we provide email delivery diagnostic tools to help our clients raise their email delivery rates.
Here are 6 essential email delivery tips that we have found which can be used by beginners and experts alike…
1. Monitor your mailing results. If you notice a drop in response rates from a specific geography (ISP), or a specific domain name (somecompany.com, yahoo.com, aol.com), then you are likely blacklisted.
2. Avoid high-volume continuous sending to non-whitelisted ISPs and corporate networks. (In B2B as few as 50 consecutive messages can trigger a block).
3. Avoid scripting and non-.PDF attachments in your messages because virus filters will block your messages from delivery. (#1 problem for emails with scripts or non .PDF attachments)
4. Avoid common words in your subject line and message body that make your message look like SPAM. Test your content here
5. Secure the IP address of your mail server. Make sure it is configured for reverse DNS lookup. This may involve your email service provider if you use an ASP service.
6. Make sure your abuse@ and postmaster@ addresses are valid and can receive e-mail. Get access to those addresses and review the incoming mail. These addresses are recommended Internet standards set by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) for complaint reporting.
Keep on delivering!
About the Author: Kriss Encarguez is a part of Agents of Value, a webmaster staffing company located in the Philippines.