Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Find Your Creative Muse With A Career In Cosmetology
There are a lot of different careers available to anyone with the right skills. What about those of us that tend to be more creative and just can't stand the thought of sitting through four more years of schooling? The answer may be in exploring a career in Cosmetology.
To work in this field does require obtaining additional training and experience typically received through a beauty college. Beauty colleges however are unlike the hours of book work and study that is offered at the local community or four year college however. Much of the schooling is in the form of training for your future work in the field.
Much of beauty college is the study of "how to" and practical application offering real, usable information. Yes, there is book work and study but the main focus is to get the you ready and competent to work in the field or cosmetology as an aesthetician. Most states require that you pass a written exam and have a certain number of hours experience. This is where a good beauty school ready shines. Part of the curriculum is actually hands on doing the hours on real people. Many people go to beauty schools to get their hair, nails, and even waxing done at a cut rate price. For the lower price, the customer has a student doing the work, which gives them experience, all under the watchful eye of knowledgeable staff.
There are many career paths that open once you receive your certification how about these ideas to launch your career.
1. There's the typical hair and nail salon. These are the franchised hair cutting places that seem to be popping up everywhere. This is mass produced haircutting. Your income is based a lot on the speed you're able to complete each customer.
2. Then there's the more exclusive salon. Many who work in these establishments have developed not only a clientele but a reputation for high quality work. it's not unusual for a stylist in these high end salons to charge well over 100 dollars for a simply haircut and style.
3. Home care or shut in personal service. If working for yourself is a dream, there are many older citizens with less mobility that would love home beauty care.
4. Working in the entertainment industry. Make-up artists and aesthetician positions are available to those with the right certifications.
5. How about working with the dead. That's right, funeral homes employ cosmetology specialists to make the deceased look their best for the family viewing. This can actually be very lucrative because many people simply can't imagine working with dead bodies.
These are but a few of the many opportunities open to anyone with a certification in cosmetology. So if you're creative, talented and love working with people, consider a beauty college to get on this interesting and challenging career path.
About the Author: Abigail Franks writes on a variety of subjects which include family, home, and business. For more information on having a career in cosmetology and beauty schools visit the site at http://www.beauty-college.livingwellzone.com