How to find a gift under
Have you ever seen one of your children wrestle over the decision of what to buy for a friend’s birthday* They want to buy a gift they think is appropriate, sometimes no matter how much it costs. The best situation, of course, is when they budget ahead of time for a special gift. Many times, however, they need to borrow on their allowance for many months in advance so they can buy “just the right” gift. Next time this happens, you might want to refer to the following list of gifts that can be purchased for under .
* Kits / art works
* A magazine subscription for 6 months or one year
* Extremely beautiful pen or set of pens
* Disposable camera
* Baked food (preferably their favorite dish homemade by you)
* Music CD or cassette that’s on sale
* Gift certificate for a music store
* Bath soaps or smelling candles
* Flashlight or pocket knife
* Writing pad and pen set
* Photo frame
* Silver bracelet / silver tie pin
* A book
* Porcelain figurines
* Gift certificate for movie theaters or eateries
* Baubles such as silver finger rings, and earrings
* Beautiful flower vase
As you can see, there are many practical gifts which can be purchased for less than . There are also a number of romantic gifts which, although inexpensive, are not “cheap”. Some of these are listed below:
• Lots of balloons, perhaps in the shape of a heart
• Gift certificate for dinner for two in a small but exceptionally good eatery
• Heart shaped candies
• Small heart shaped soft toy
• Stuffed animal
• Aromatic candles and soap
• Fancy handbag mirror
• Small gift vouchers homemade by you, promising that you will do anything that is asked in the next 12 hours/ 24 hours/ 36 hours, etc. In this way you can have a lot of fun, too.
• A huge greeting card where you can declare your love in Giant Steps
• A pet such as a gold fish in a bowl or (if the is a down payment) an exotic parrot which can talk or a cat that the other person has always wanted. (Before buying anything in this category, please ask if you can cancel the purchase within the next two days.)
There are indeed many inexpensive items that could make a good gift. Perhaps you believe there are a few occasions when expense counts. You would probably agree, though, that the thoughtfulness that goes behind the buying of a gift actually provides its value. Whether it is a pencil or a Parker pen, the person who receives the gift will appreciate the thought. Giving a gift is an art that needs to be perfected through experience; there is no other way.
Here’s a suggestion: After you look at the above lists, make your own list of the top five items you would like to gift. Then, look at the shorter list that you made and decide what best suits the person for which you are buying the gift.
About the Author: You can find gifts under at the author’s website, LazyGift.com. LazyGift.com helps you easily find perfect gifts for various recipients and occasions.