Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
5 Tips To Making Sure That Your eBook Makes Money (Before You Write A Single Word!)
The first thing potential clients ask me is ďCan I really make money writing an ebook?Ē And the answer is absolutely, IF you do the research, find out what people want and give it to them.The problem is that most people get so excited about an idea that is of interest to them that they just sit down and write. They donít stop to consider whether anyone else will be interested in the subject, let alone want to purchase an ebook about it! So they just write it and then they go looking for customers to buy it. When in fact, they should find the market first and then write the ebook.Failing to do this can be a recipe for disaster.
It makes no sense to waste time and energy on something that nobody wants to buy if you want to be a successful ebook author! But if you really listen to what people want and give it to them you can reap large financial gains.
So how do you do it?There are several ways to find out which ebook subjects will be profitable for you and here are 5 tips to get you started.
1. Ask your customers and potential customers what they want.If you belong to a networking group, an association, or if you have a subscriber list, you can ask people what they want. Most people are more than happy to tell you! You can make it easy for them by creating an offline or online survey or doing an ask campaign. You can get the software to do your ask campaign at www.theebookcoach.com/ask. What you want to do is ask people what they want and this program will analyze the data for you and give you the results you need quickly and easily.
2. Hang out where your target market hangs out and listen to what they are talking about.Then try to figure out how you can take what you are passionate about and interested in, and tie it to what people want to know more about and need a solution to. Then create your ebook around that subject.
3. Look for trends: see whatís hot and then find a way to capitalize on it.
Itís easy-there are trends all around you! You just have to have your antenna up and be on the lookout.Talk to your kids. Look at magazines, newspapers, go to the mall, get creative.
4. Eavesdrop.Of course you want to be discreet! But eavesdropping can be extremely lucrative!People talk about what problems they are having in restaurants, over coffee, in the Laundromat, or while they are shopping with friends (to name a few places you can listen for ideas). People talk about their parents, kids, and their love relationships. You might just hear something that sparks a great idea for your ebook!
5. Do a keyword search. This will tell you what keywords people are searching on. When you know what keywords people are looking up it can often times tell you what the problems are that they want solved.
There are several ways to find out what people want. Once you tap into what they want you can write an ebook that has the potential to make a substantial profit.So donít waste time guessing what to write about. Be a detective, do the research, find out what people want, and make sure that your next ebook is a cash machine for your business before you write a single word!
(c) Ellen Violette, The eBook Coach, a subsidiary of Create A Splash
- All Rights Reserved
The Reference Box MUST be used when using the article in your publication. This is the reason the authors offer these articles to the public for publication.
About the Author: If you want to write a profitable ebook, do the research before you start writing your ebook and find out what your target market wants to buy. Too many people make the mistake of writing what excites them instead; this article will show you how to write an ebook that will make you money.