Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Top 10 Websites of 2006, that Shape Our Lives
A few years ago mankind would not have even dreamt that a new world called the cyber world would develop and revolutionize the way the world lives. Today most people cannot even think of an internet less world or complete; the World Wide Web enables e-commerce, travel, education, treatments for ailments, banking, social networking, marriage, dating and more. Its not just about spreading knowledge or playing games the World Wide Web has erased all boundaries and helped human beings reach out to others world wide.
At the dawn of a new year, 2007 one often takes a moment to reflect on the year that was. The year 2006 brought with it many changes as well as concerns as far as the cyber world is concerned and websites vied with one another to gain Numero Uno slot. Webmasters fine tuned business plans and took a close look at SEO optimization, key word tools, and design as well as content strategy to achieve set targets. Simultaneously giants like Google and Yahoo introduced many innovations and revolutionary concepts.
According to the web watchers choosing the Top 10 Websites was a daunting task and many factors had to be considered before creating a list. Among the many lists is the one by Time.com which put together a daunting list of the “ 50 Coolest Websites in 2006” the leaders among the cool ones were:
1. Amazon.com which defined and set high standards for e-commerce. It revolutionized the book trade and promoted the love of books world over.
2. Apple Movie Trailers brought internet browsers a taste of to be released block busters and new attractions. The website teased the senses of movie buffs by presenting movie delights.
3. Blogger invited the internet browser to speak out and let creative juices flow. A free site that allows creation of blogs using powerful user-friendly tools.
4. Craigslist is where internet browsers choose to seek listings. From real estate listings to freelance jobs the website provides information on a huge astounding variety of themes.
5. Drudge report hosted by Matt Drudge totted up a record 3.5 billion hits in 2006 and was the most sought after news site.
6. E-bay gave auction a new definition and tool selling to new heights. Blogs, Skype-ing, and more made bidding interactive and enjoyable.
7. ESPN the website that symbolizes sports. News, views, reviews, forums, chats and more meant that the website stayed abreast of news in sport and brought news to the World Wide Web the minute it happened.
8. Factcheck.org is where one can check facts, discover truths, and uncover lies. The website tears apart speeches, press releases and more relating to the field of politics.
9. Flickr allows display of personal pictures and its popularity has resulted in the site becoming the place for the fastest growing social network. The site is not static and has blogs and more that add new dimensions.
10. Google has spread its wings and embraced cyberspace in its entirety. The website offers books, applications, marketing help, promos, scholastic papers, maps, and more. From finance to commerce and home locations to education Google provides answers to the most mind boggling of concerns.
The list is far from done and the thousands of websites new and old on the World Wide Web have changed lives. Mankind from the security of their computers can reach out to a borderless world.
About the Author: Barry Allen is a freelance writer for http://www.1888freeonlinegames.com , the premier website to play thousands of free online games including arcade games, action games, card games, flash games, strategy games, puzzle games and more. He also freelances for the premier REVENUE SHARING discussion forum for Online Games Site http://www.1888discuss.com/online-games/