Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Do You Have Your VoIP/BroadBand Phone Yet?
Broadband VoIP allows you to add a phone line to your home or office with a local phone number in just about any major U.S. city.... and with some vendors also in several countries such as the UK and Israel.
Here are some ways Businesses and families with geographical distances between them can take advantage of BroadBand Phone/VoIP:
1. Parents can add an additional line with a local number so their college son or daughter can always call home without the expense of long distance rates.
2. A family in Florida can bring up a local number in Minnesota where the rest of the family resides. Family members in Minnesota now dial a local number and reach the relatives in Florida with no long distance charges because the call is local for those in Minnesota, and only the party in Florida needs to have broadband service to receive the calls.
3. This technology can also help military families stay connected. VoIP is not restricted by global boundaries. A U.S. soldier in another country with a broadband connection can set up service with unlimited in bound calls that are local to his family in the U.S. His family then can make unlimited calls to him at no cost and his family in the U.S. doesn't need to have broadband access. Plus any calls they make home are either "local" or are made with an unlimited flat rate plan. That saves a ton of money.
4. Traveling executives can also take advantage of VoIP as a portable phone that can be taken along on any business trip. Many hotels will provide broad band access today. Simply plug the IP phone into the broadband connection in the hotel room. Your family and customers can now call on a local number. In addition you can still take advantage of out bound service and make calls from the room as well.
5. Businesses can drastically reduce costs from traditional calling services.... with flat rate plans which cover all of the US & Canada and often including Europe &/or Asia also.
For an easy way to compare available VoIP phone options in your area (US only) browse through the vendor review info available at Broadband Reports. This info is updated frequently with new input from their Forum members. Be advised that not all providers may be included as only those having received a member review will be listed.
About the Author: Michael is the owner of FreedomFire
Communications....including DS3-Bandwidth.com and Business-VoIP-Solution.com. Michael also authors Broadband Nation where you're always welcome to drop in and catch up on the latest BroadBand news, tips, insights, and ramblings for the masses.