Job Search Pals Find Jobs Faster!
JOB SEARCH PALS FIND JOBS FASTER!
Most English speakers have heard the expression:
"Two heads are better than one". The saying
rings ever more true with job seekers.
Think of this. The lonely job seeker is attempting
to find a job by him/herself. The tedious job of
filling out applications, composing a good resume,
answering ads and pounding the pavement to find
a job is enough to depress any lone job seeker.
However, teaming up with a buddy can work
wonders. The pal you find does not have to be
looking for the same kind of job that you are. The
purpose for being pals is to:
1. Provide a measure of emotional support.
2. Pass on possible job leads.
3. Shore up weaknesses, such as resume
4. Combine research & resources. One person
drives to an interview with their pal, next
time the pal drives. (Less chance of nervous-
ness & saves gas)
5. Provides a sense of perspective & humor.
(It's hard to be gloomy with a partner who
needs you to be upbeat).
6. Each person can serve as an analyst about
what is working well & what is not in the job
7. Pals can become friends after one gets a job.
(A good pal roots for you to stay on the job).
About the Author: Marilyn J. Tellez, M.A.
Certified Job & Career Transition Coach
Phone: (509) 469-3514