Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
How To Create Your Own eBay About Me Page
Regular readers of this newsletter and my newspaper column know that I am a big fan of eBay's About Me Page feature. This is a special page you can create as part of your eBay account that is linked from your eBay ID (with a little About Me icon).
You can use your eBay About Me Page as a sales tool. Customers can click on your About Me icon to get to your About Me page, which you can set up to include information about you, your interests, and even links to your website.
It's a great way to get personal with your customers and drive traffic to your website or other online businesses.
eBay does not approve of blatant advertising on your About Me page, but you can include links to products and services that you think will be of interest to the eBay community at large. If these links just happen to be affiliate links to products that pay you a commission, more the better. :o)
Your About Me page can be as simple or as detailed as you like.
Here's my eBay About Me page (if the link wraps in your email program cut and paste it in a browser address window:
1. Register for an eBay account. If you're already an eBay member you can skip this step. If you don't have a fr** eBay account click the signup link below to register now.
2. Once you are registered, log into your eBay account by clicking the "My eBay" link at the top of any eBay page. Enter your eBay user name and password.
3. Once you're logged in, click the "Personal Information" link under "My Account" in the left hand menu.
4. At the Personal Information page click to create your About Me page. Or you can go directly to the Create An About Me Page link shown below:
5. Once you're at the About Me creation page simply follow the directions. You can use the About Me wizard to create the page or paste in custom HTML as I have done with my About Me page.
Once you have your About Me page set up, you should include a link to your About Me page in every auction and sale you do.
It's free advertising, so use it!
About the Author: Tim Knox
Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker
Tim Knox is a nationally-known small business expert who writes and speaks frequently on the topic.
For more information or to contact Tim please visit one of his sites below.