Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
UK Land Investments – Smart Investments prospects and Higher Returns Coupled with Low Risk
Large number of people is now investing in land. With growing demand for new housing, land with planning consent for dwelling construction has become an increasingly precious commodity. Land prices have also rocketed in line with house prices.
Why UK Land Investments?
• In the UK Land values have risen by 370% in the last decade (Source: Financial Times).
• Land is real, a tangible asset as compare to other investments - it can be visited, seen and walked on.
• Demand is more then the supply.
• When planning permission is given for a piece of land its value increases by around 680%.* Based on current figures from the Valuation Office Agency (an agency of HM Revenue & Customs)
• Land increases in value in two ways:
- by inherent increases in the land value – fuelled by property prices and ever increasing demand
- by land changing status and gaining planning permission.
Why UK Land Prices are Booming?
• 250,000 to 3,500,000 new houses are needed over the next 15 years rising to 4,400,000 new houses are needed over the next 20 years.
• 90% of towns in the UK are unaffordable for 1st time buyers.
• The UK is the second most densely populated country in Europe and has a fast rising migrant population
• The UK suffers from some of the oldest housing stock in Europe and a huge shortage of supply of affordable and mid priced housing.
• Over the last 30 years the demand for new homes has increased by 30%. Whereas the same period house building rates have dropped by over 50%.
• Since 1997, the Government has increased the average number of new homes built per hectare from 25 to 40.
About the Author: Leading Land Investments Group UK