Choosing the Best Radar Detector for Your Motorcycle
Because of the legal/illegal status of radar detectors in the US market many different models with different functions from different brands have emerged onto the market.
Some of these radar detectors are the following:
• Radar Screamer. This unit provides immediate warning in order to get the attention of the driver. This enhances the audio warning which is produced by many radar detectors to allow the motorcycle rider to better hear the warning while at constant speed. This is a water proof device and does not depend on any replaceable batteries.
• Escort 8500 X50. This is known to be the one of best radar detectors in the market. It offers advanced digital signal processing which can be reprogrammed and will also allow you to customize your detector. This unit can be upgraded. It has a very clever auto sensitivity mode, which automatically lessens false alarms.
• HARD (Helmet Assisted Radar Detection). This unit provides an urgent visual alert. The warning can be find inside the helmet, lighting up within your field of vision which allows the immediate awareness of the radar. This is designed as an accessory to all the leading radar detectors, especially designed for motorcycling.
• Bel RX65. This is a the fast response device, featuring 'Threat Display' which tracks multiple radar signals and their relative signal strength. This allows you to customize up to 7 options for your specific driving style. Beltronics state that this is their most advanced radar, laser and safety detector.
• Cobra XRS9700 Radar Detector. This model is equipped with many features including the 11-Band technology and the SmartMute. This offers three levels of false signal controls which lessen false alerts.
• PNI Sensor Traveler II Radar Detector. This is one of the most advanced and user friendly radar detector sold nowadays. This featured bilingual voice alerts - English and Spanish. The PNI Sensor is convenient to use because of it is a cordless device.
• Whistler Pro 1730. This features a voice alert and optional mute.
• Rocky Mountain Radar RMR-D230. This automatically adjusts the laser background noise which lessens false alarms. This increases the typical scanning process by a factor of three which enables the D230 to catch even Instant-On and POP radar.
• Escort Solo II. This features the following:
1. Convenient cordless design uses
2. Uses 2 AA batteries, this maximizes the battery life
3. AutoSensitivity mode virtually eliminates false alarms
4. Long-range protection on all radar bands
5. VG-2 Protection
6. 10 user programmable features
7. High resolution graphic LCD display
8. Built-in earphone jack
Most of these radar detectors belong on the top seller lists because of high performance. So, if you have decided to buy a radar detector, you can choose confidently from the above list. But please, before you purchase, check if the use of radar detectors is legal in your states.
About the Author: Nicola Kennedy publishes articles and reports and provides news, views and information about safe driving and radar detectors for motorcyclists at Radar Detecting Information.
This article may be reprinted in full so long as the resource box and the live links are included intact. All rights reserved. Copyright Radar-Detecting.info