Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
The All-New Volkswagen’s CrossGolf
The new Volkswagen CrossGolf which possesses the can-do qualities of a compact SUV and the versatility of a small MPV like its successful sibling the Volkswagen CrossPolo is a product of the Volkswagen Individual, which is the automakers internal division for vehicle refinement.
Cross a versatile concept
• SUV and MPV rolled into one- SUV is an acronym for Sport Utility Vehicle and refer to a more sophisticated version of the traditional off-road vehicle. The CrossGolf exemplifies the stamina and toughness of this type of vehicle which is reflected in its body and modified chassis. MPV is short for Multi Purpose Vehicle and pertains to a van. The CrossGolf with its variable and roomy interior belongs to this segment. The advantage of the Golf over its other siblings is the fact that within its class it doesn’t have any direct competitions.
• Powerful Image- the exterior design of the CrossGolf embodies features that reflect the evocative world of SUVs. Its continuous wrap-around cladding in anthracite color together with its silver colored roof rail and newly designed bumpers and radiator air inlets give the Golf an impressive look. This particular breed of Cross has large 17-inch wheels, while its body is set 20 millimeters higher. It also comes in an exclusive new color the “Ice Silver Metallic” which is offered as an option.
Cross and its cleverly crafted interiors
Individual Interior- the Volkswagen’s CrossGolf interior offers a fresh, contrast-rich color world scheme. The materials and colors of seat covers as well as its door trim and silver-metallic cockpit components were developed especially for the new model. It also possesses a three spoke leather steering wheel, pedal caps in aluminum and a “Climatic” climate control system that completes the generous lineup of standard equipment. The Golf is also equipped with top-of-the-line auto parts that the automaker is famous for like its Volkswagen air filter.
• Remarkable Ideas- the CrossGolf with front wheel drive is based on the Golf Plus Sportline. Its distinct features like folding tables on armrests of the standard front sport seats with storage bins underneath adds up to its practical details. The rear bench Seat with its longitudinal adjustment is split for variable folding to create a table. Depending on the bench configuration the cargo volume of the trunk area behind the large rear hatch ranges between 395 and 505 liters. When the seatbacks are folded down as much as 1,450 liters cargo space is provided.
• Expansive space- The space provided by the Volkswagen CrossGolf is likened to that of a compact SUV. As compared to the “clas¬sic” Golf the front passengers sit 9.5 centimeters higher, and measures 10.5 centimeters higher in the rear. The CrossGolf provides passengers with a comfortable entry and exit via its four doors. Head room and foot room are made extra spacious for both front and rear seating.
Powerful and Innovative Technology
• Two gasoline and two diesel engines- Volkswagen is offering the CrossGolf in two gasoline and two diesel engine variants. The two diesels come with a particulate filter. The entry-level gasoline engine delivers 75 kW / 102 HP, and the base TDI engine develops 77 kW / 105 HP. The top gasoline and diesel engine variants have identical power output: The TSI and the 2.0 TDI each deliver a powerful 103 kW / 140 HP. The exterior of the TSI is particularly intriguing. The twin charging by its supercharger and turbocharger enables the direct injection gasoline engine to produce an exceptionally high torque and an agile engine. The Golf also demonstrates exceptional fuel economy. The TSI and either of the TDIs can be ordered with DSG dual clutch transmission as an option.
• Optimal safety. Like all Golf cars the CrossGolf also has the ESP electronic stabilization program together with counter-steering function and trailer stabilization, ABS and brake assist on board. Six airbags are also included as standard equipment.
About the Author: Growing up with three brothers, Natalie Anderson became exposed early to the world of automobiles. This 29-year-old account manager now dreams of having her very own top-of-the-line vintage car.