Volvo S80 Executive for UK
A new flagship “Executive” model has been added to the all-new Volvo S80 saloon range. It’s one of Volvo’s most luxuriously equipped models ever and its price starts at £38,415. Customer deliveries would start at the end of January.
The all-new Volvo S80 offers distinctive Scandinavian design, excellent ride and handling, innovative technology and superb levels of spaciousness and comfort. The S80 Executive enhances this further with a range of features including bespoke Executive badging, chrome accents, unique 18inch alloy wheels, a refrigerator in the rear, walnut wood inlays, Dynaaudio Premium Sound, personal Car Communicator with Keyless Drive, RTI and heated front and rear seats.
The Executive’s extensive standard specification only leaves a few items available as options and these include an integrated dual band or Bluetooth telephone and Volvo’s latest generation RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) with DVD player located in the front center armrest and two seven inch screens in the rear of the front head restraints and two cordless headphones.
There are three powerful engines available for the Volvo S80 Executive, the D5, 3.2 (front wheel drive or All-Wheel-Drive) and V8 AWD all with six-speed Geartronic transmission as standard. Volvo’s D5, five cylinder, 2.4 liter turbodiesel delivers 185PS and 0 to 60mph in eight seconds with 400Nm of torque from as low as 2000rpm. It’s also the most economical engine in the range with 44.1 mpg and its Executive Geartronic has a C02 rating of 193g/km made possible by its superior quality Volvo air filters.
The 3.2 six-cylinder petrol engine offers 238PS and 320 Nm of torque. It can accelerate to 60mph in 7.4 seconds, and delivers 28.8 mpg on combined cycle with emissions of 234g/km. Volvo’s electronic AWD with Haldex coupling and Instant Traction™ is now also available with this engine.
Volvo’s 4.4liter V8 delivers 315PS with 440Nm of torque and is capable of 0 to 60mph in six seconds with 23.8 mpg on the combined cycle and emissions of 284g/km.
Volvo S80 Executive Prices:
• Volvo S80 D5 Executive Gtronic (185PS)- £38,415
• Volvo S80 3.2 Executive Gtronic (238PS)- £39,935
• Volvo S80 3.2 AWD Executive Gtronic (238PS)- £41,070
• Volvo S80 V8 AWD Executive Gtronic (315PS)- £47,955
Design features of the S80 Executive:
1. Unique 18 inch alloy wheels
2. Chrome sections on lower air intake, fog light surround, door molding and rear lights
3. Executive soft leather upholstery and door inserts, including padded front door armrests with contrast piping and stitching
4. Refrigerator in rear centre armrest with Swedish crystal Kosta Boda tumblers
5. Executive badges on C-pillar
6. Executive floor mats with contrasting piping
7. Walnut wood framed centre console with contrasting aluminum inlay
8. Walnut wood and leather gear knob
About the Author: Glady Reign is a 32 year old is a consultant for an automotive firm based in Detroit, Mi. she is a native of the motor city and grew up around cars hence her expertise in the automotive field.