Article Submission Guidelines
The guideline for submitting an article to an article directory or ezine directory differs from place to place, be sure to read all their guidelines before submitting any articles. You dont want to break one of their rules and have your articles rejected after all the work you put into it!
Here are some of the guidelines that you should be aware of. Again, these arent written in stone for every directory...
1. Use windows notepad or a similar application. Never use windows word pad or the like. Windows word pad can put snippets of unwanted code into your article and the editors usually wont even bother with it. They will reject it.
2. Always submit your articles in the right catagory. This will get your article to the right webmasters. Your article might be rejected if its in the wrong catagory-be careful and choose wisely!
3. Some sites dont want you to indent.
4. Some sites dont want you to use bullets in your lists.
5. Some sites require you to link to your sources. If you have information from a source you should provide a link back to that source.
6. Some sites require you to have both your email address and website address in your address box at the bottom of your article.
7. Articles submitted must be your own work, you cannot submit something that has been written by someone else.
8. Some article directories dont allow you to put affiliate links in your articles.
9. You should proof read your article and to a spell check for grammatical problems before submitting it to a directory.
10. Some article directories dont allow articles that have anything to do with hate crime, prejudices, hacking, illegal content, pornography, etc...
11. Most directories wont allow you to submit an advertisement. Your article must be genuine and filled with relevant content.
12. Some directories will ask you to post a link on your website back to the directory if they use your articles.
13. Dont fill your article with links to your website. The directory editors want you to use the resource box only. Some require you to use only 1 or 2 links-always check the rules before submitting anything.
14. Some sites will want you to fill in all the fields pryor to submission, including your pen name.
15. Some directory sites will not let you submit more than 1 article per day. They want you to gradually submit your articles.
There are many different rules and regulations for each and every article or ezine directory. Please read all rules before submitting your article.
About the Author: For more information, go to www.optimizeyourarticles.com. Your online resorce for everything about article optimization and website optimization.
Copyright:www.optimizeyourarticles.com. You may use this article on your website for free providing you keep this address box and all the links active.