Article Keyword Videos to Watch
Click on the image to start the video.
Images - Links - Articles
Buying Prescription Drugs Was Never Easier
The Internet has changed the way we carry out hundreds of tasks like shopping, booking tickets, finding information, and more. It is no longer necessary to stand in queues at inconvenient hours to buy products or avail yourself of certain services. Almost everything, it seems, is available at the click of the mouse!
Buying Prescription Drugs through an Online Pharmacy
The wonder of the Internet isn’t limited to buying books and tickets within the comfort of your home; the convenience of online shopping has spread to include even important articles like prescription drugs and healthcare products.
Online pharmacies provide patients with an appealing alternative to the local pharmacy and are attracting a growing number of patients to their sites. Take a look at some important advantages buying through an online pharmacy ensures:
* An online pharmacy cuts down the need to walk all the way to your traditional brick and mortar pharmacy, no matter how close it may be, to buy your prescription drugs. The Internet gives you hundreds of online pharmacies to choose from, find the general or prescription drugs you are looking for, and order while enjoying the warmth and comfort of your home.
* You unfailingly get a better price while buying online prescription drugs and healthcare products.
* The ‘on your doorstep’ delivery an online pharmacy can offer, is considered an important convenience. It is of particular value to individuals who are disabled, are too sick to travel to a local store, or lack the time to make regular trips to a store or a traditional pharmacy for maintenance drugs.
* If you use one of the more user-friendly online pharmacies, you will also be able to access the firm’s website 24 hours a day, find information about specific drugs and drug interactions on the website.
* You could ask your pharmacist questions by e-mail. Apart from being convenient, it also helps you avoid asking embarrassing medical questions in public.
* Interaction through an online pharmacy also gives you the benefit of keeping a written record of the pharmacist’s answers for future reference.
Considering the above, it seems obvious why buying online prescription drugs is becoming popular by the day. Though online pharmacies have raised certain ethical and safety concerns, bodies like the National Association of Board of Pharmacy do help in identifying reliable websites and providing a seal of approval. Such identified online pharmacies are called ‘Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites’ (VIPPS) and meet the requisite criteria and inspection standards set by the NABP. To be VIPPS certified, a pharmacy must comply with the licensing and inspection requirements of their state and each state to which they dispense pharmaceuticals. They must also comply with VIPPS criteria including patient rights to privacy, authentication and security of prescription orders, adherence to a recognized quality assurance policy, and provision of meaningful consultation between patients and pharmacists.
VIPPS pharmacy sites are identified by the VIPPS hyperlink seal displayed on their website. By clicking on the seal, a visitor is linked to the NABP VIPPS site where verified information about the pharmacy is maintained by NABP. One could also go directly to www.nabp.net to search for a VIPPS online pharmacy.
There are also other institutes like the federal Drug Enforcement Administration that issue specific guidelines regarding dispensing and purchasing of controlled substances online i.e. via the Internet.
Although people may find it surprising, a lot of online pharmacies these days are lawful enterprises that genuinely aim to offer convenience, privacy, and the safety checks of traditional pharmacies for selling prescription drugs. More often than not, consumers use an online pharmacy with the same confidence they have in their neighborhood pharmacist. A lot of these online pharmacies, in fact, are actually set up by neighborhood drug stores to serve their customers electronically.
It is, however, important to be careful, as there are also a number of so-called ‘rogue sites’ that either sell unapproved products, or if they deal in approved ones, often evade laid down procedures meant to protect those buying online prescription drugs. So, a little caution while selecting an online pharmacy can go a long way in ensuring all the benefits of buying your prescription drugs online along with the reliability and security a traditional pharmacy offers.
About the Author: The author, Brian Hover, is well- known and has been lending his expertise and experience to the online writing fraternity since 1997. Having studied the scope and potential of secure pharmacies online, Brian has been instrumental in providing secure online pharmacies like http://www.7-onlinepharmacy.com. The portal is known for the number of drugs it makes available, along with the secure and quick delivery it offers